Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by C185
Well after a 9 month wait, my X2 in 264 win mag finally showed up. The gun looks to be well built, but the action is rough. Sort of disappointed. I cleaned and lubed it up and cycled the bolt several hundred times, it seems better. But for the money I would expect more.

Anyone familiar with why the MRC action "smoothness" quality would be up and down ? I can understand the early actions during start up mode. However, surprised that current production actions would have an issue after they have had a period of really good smooth actions two to three years ago ?

The actions are cast and then hand fitted and finished by MRC. Many hands in the pot throughout production. QC is done at all phases by department leads and also the gunsmiths who disassemble and re-assemble the gun several times throughout the production life cycle. Then final bedding and function testing by one of the 5 or 6 gunsmiths they have, so it depends on which one you get for final inspection, who did the original mating of the bolt to the action, how backlogged they are at the moment (i.e. pressed for time) etc...

Some actions come out like glass, others are on the other end of the spectrum but somehow get passed and sent over to shipping.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.