I've hunted this guy for two years. A cull we call "The Claw". I have always at least three game cameras set out 27/7/365. Sometimes 5. I have pictures of him over the last two years. Almost always at night. Only one game cam photo in daylight. A couple of my buds have night time game cam photos of him about a mile apart in each direction. I was able to close the deal yesterday on my 66th birthday about 15 minutes before dark, when he stuck his nose out of the scrum, at a location I'd never seen him before.

[Linked Image]

This Jerry Fisk/WhiteRiver collaboration knife made short work of unzipping the "Claw".

[Linked Image]

This forged "hunter" by Mike Williams worked well for liberating the "Claw"s backstraps.

[Linked Image]

and this Joel Clark made short work of the celebratory rib-eye steak........

[Linked Image]

BTW,

after all was said and done, I could not find the Fisk/WR knife. Talk about being heartsick.

[Linked Image]

When I get up in the AM at the lease, the first thing I put on is my pants with this rig! I don't always skin with it, but other than my Boker Kalashnikov, it is the knife that I use most when hunting.

I was devastated. JF was kind enough to put a convex grind on this knife before he sent it to me.

I looked for multiple minutes all over the area where I skinned the "Claw" to no avail. I caped out the "Claw" and dumped the guts in a 55 gallon garbage can lined with a heavy duty plastic bag. When I went to the bone yard to dump the guts I used the toe of my boot to separate the offal. Lo and behold there was the Fisk.

[Linked Image]

Needless to say, I was jazzed!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/22/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.