geedubya

I read most of your posts and I used this picture to show a fella I know that makes customs.
I asked if he could come up with something similar to give to my son as a graduation gift when he became a Marine on Nov 9, 2017.
I presented it to him when we got back home to Colorado following the ceremony.

I think he liked it as he hasn't taken it off his belt since.
Glad you found your old friend.

Merry Christmas

BTW, I forgot to mention another B-day serendipity!

Birthday morning I was running my snares. I was at a place I call the creekbed when I was walking between sets and saw a very bright glint/reflection of the sun. Sometimes water on a depression on a flat rock will throw off a reflection, but this looked more like bright steel or glass. I walked over and lo and behold what did I spy. It was my favorite EDC that I purchased from VinceM here on 24hour campfire when he did a group buy. I carried that knife and took pictures of it in 5 northeastern states. I lost it out of a cross draw sheath two years ago at my deer lease.

We've had numerous floods that move 200 lb boulders along that creekbed. I was Jazzed.

I called Vince today to tell him the story and asked him if he had any cocobolo. He said that if he remembered correctly he had a piece that was from the original. I'm sending it back to him next week and have him rescale it.

As it was in October of 2014. This photo was taken near Lebanon NY, across from Pittsfield Mass. where we were staying.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dennis81082; 12/25/17.