Great read and excellent videos sir. We have a kindred spirit with the same taste in rifles. In the early 80s I picked up a copy of a 1968 Gun Digest. I was drawn to the 600 Remington's. a few years later one of the guys that worked in the gun shop that also worked in told me he had someone selling a 600 in .350R,M. He knew I wanted one. I've had that gun for over 30 years. Have not seen any moose around Georgia yet to test it on, maybe with Global warming (LOL) they will be pushed down here. A similar story with the model 71 348. A fellow came into the shop wanting to give away a cartridge collection. In it I found a .348 Win round, it peeked my curiosity. It took the advent of the internet years later to find my first one. Not many Model 71 Winchesters made their way to Georgia back when they were being made, since there was very few deer around back then. One day in near future I'm retiring and moose is on the list.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.