I buy factory loads and then reload the empties.

My preference for modern hulls is the Remington Game Loads. They use the same data as the long dead Winchester AA hulls which I fortunately have a life time supply. I load 1 oz of 7.5 in the Win and 8s in the Rem.

For powder, I use Alliant Unique or Hodgdon Universal depending which I have on hand. Powder charge is whatever gets me around 1200 fps by Lyman's. Wads are Win 16AA which are discontinued but Claybuster's makes a clone that one can use. Primers are Win, CCI, Nobel, PMC, Fiocchi, or similar.

For 1 1/8 oz I use Fioochi, Federal, and Cheddite hulls with Unique, Universal, or Herco powder. I load mainly lead 5 in these but occasionally 6s for prairie grouse, hares, and crows. I use Rem SP16 wads with which ever primer the recipe calls for as pressures are closing in toward max. I load these to the 1250-1290 fps range.

I haven't used more recent powders as I settled on these as many as 35 years ago. I haven't bothered with Ballistic Products offerings as BPI has been pretty proud of their components. It helped that I stocked up on components as/when I could, especially when they were being cleared out.