I use the same philosophy for the 16 as the 12 ga- tapered hulls are all the same as are all straight walled hulls. I have modified this a little and stay in the 9000-9500 psi range to handle any potential pressure incursions.

In other words, the various Remington hulls are loaded with the same components as the Winchester AA compression formed hulls. Federal, Fiocchi, Cheddite, Rio, and pretty much everything else are straight hulled and are loaded the same. I am not sure where the current Winchester hull lands in this spectrum as I haven't bought any. The 12 and 20 ga versions are too thin/weak and routinely buckle on my machines. With them being more expensive than any other brand locally, I see no incentive to use them at this time.

As for pressure si have run these loads through a strain gauge giving pressures similar enough to factory I am satisfied. I don't push pressures to begin with so have some wiggle room. If I were loading near SAAMI pressure maximums I would follow recommendations closer.

This keeps things very simple and makes use of all hulls available to me. Italso allows me to sort loads by hull type to further help organize things. I have been through a couple of 16 ga shortages and learned to use anything and everything available. I still have paper hulls and card wads and old Remington 57 size hulls and primers to match f it comes down to that.