OSUSig: I got you on this. I load for both my 204 and 223. I have to push the envelope on powder for my 223’s to get velocity that my 204 handles with no problem....Here is my personal thoughts. And everyone can pile on me for it. For my 204, I try to load for FPS in low 4K’s with 40 grainers “no big deal”. Some may say it’s a barrel burner, but I take two 204’s in the field and rotate rifles when warm. On my 223’s I load for high 3k FPS. I rotate my 223 rifles also when barrel heat get’s a little past warm. I’ve found “bucking” the wind was better with my 204 than my 223. Here’s my limitation though: My longest consistent kills on squirrels and Pdogs has been 565 yards and closer. In wind at these ranges I can usually hold one to one half mils and hit. But, wind is subjective to each shooter on any giving day. 20 mph windy day versus a 10 mph wind day is significant. Personally, I hate those high wind days. It always feels like I throwing curve balls at the rats with my 223’s, when I want to be throwing straight fastballs. My 204’s accomplish this for me....Swing away guys!

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”