Desertroakie...you need to re-evaluate your statements as they are patently incorrect...all you need to do is look up the SAAMI specs on that site to see what the specs are for the cartridges available now and in the past for both the Marlin and the Win AND which receiver types were used.

For a direct example the 444 Marlin is SAMMI rated at 51488 Pmax (MAP) on QL AND several other authoritative sources...look it up.

I'm not about to get into a protracted argument nor publish ANY pressure/velo/load data over ANY of this data...I've been at this game WAAY TOO long to publish any data that some newby will use INCORRECTLY and get his cojones in a vice. I also think that statements on the 'net that cause pain or injury should be treated just like any other injurious act...WE ALL SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!

The internet is famous for misinformation, disinformation and totally incorrect statements and give me the REDAZZZ continually and all that krap gets continuously repeated over and over. This same "strength of..." issue has been wrung out ad nauseum, ad infinitum on several forums including this one over the past umpteen years.

You can see the effect by the litigiousness of today's world and by comparing reloading manuals of 40-50 years ago with today's FOR THE SAME CARTRIDGES...that will certainly open your eyes.

ALUMINUM BOLT??????? You need to expound a bit on that...WHICH rifle and model????

Good hunting.