I have a Zastava model 85 mini Mauser in 7.62x39 with a Mannlicher stock. I think it is a great rifle for the price. I also have a model 70 in 6.5x55 also with a Mannlicher stock. Both rifles are all metal. you will not find any plastic on a Zastava. The barrels are cold hammer forged so you are getting a quality manufactured barrel. The blueing is amazing for a budget priced gun but the mini mauser has a push feed rather than the model 70 which is a true Mauser action with controlled round feed. Both models have a fully adjustable trigger. The wood is very utilitarian. Nothing fancy and has stamped checkering. I removed the varnish on both of mine and refinished with oil which gave them a nicer appearance in my opinion. The operation of the bolts on both guns was a bit rough when new but with a bit of polishing and working the bolt for a couple of hours and they are both as smooth as any other Mauser action. If you don't like the wood you can easily find a replacement stock but if you want a hunting rifle that is quality built and budget priced then I would definitely consider the Zastava. If I can find another full stocked model 70 in 7x57 I will be buying another one myself. If you want to spend 300 - 400 more for pretty wood and a detachable magazine then buy the CZ. It won't shoot any better but you will get a lot more ooohs and aaahs when you take it out in public.

I thought growing old would take longer.