Originally Posted by pete53
as what has been posted ,your barrel need`s cleaning. buy some sweet`s 7.62 solvent do what the directions tell you,also buy 2 new 30 caliber bronze brushes and scrub the heck out of that barrel. then take a bore scope and see if its clean should be only a steel shiny color ,if it shows a color kinda goldish more sweets over nite ,dry out again,more bore solvent on bronze bush and more scrubbing ,another good solvent is GM power tune engine cleaner buy it at GM garage.
the other thought is sell me that old 721 Remington and buy a new gun ? if your going to keep your gun stay with old reliable and easy to find ammo 30-06. good luck,Pete53

I was not aware that you can let 7.62 sweets soak in the barrel overnight these days. And didn't sweets always eat up the bore brushes as you scrubbed? Depositing so to speak IE you'll never get rid of blue color if using sweets with a metal bore brush.

Things may have changed over the years though. I"ve not used sweets in a long time.

Stubborn fouling, though there are other ways, was always hammered at by JB and a brush with tight patch to get it all eventually.

But lately, I"ve been convinced about plugging the bore and filling and leaving sit with something that would not assault the steel if left for a day or three.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....