I've got a 722 in 300 Savage that was my first big game rifle, and will proably ly never part with it. That being said, i don't think I'd ever spend the money to re barrel it either. It still shoots good and kills deer as well as it always did, but they have a couple of problems, number one being the extractor, never had one break but if they do they are next to impossible to fined replacements. I never really liked the Sako or AR conversations and they can expensive. The next problem is the large drop in the stock at the comb and heel. These rifles were made when open sights were popular, with the extensive drop it is hard to get good cheek weld with even low ring mounts. These are great old guns but IMHO you'd be better off buying a used Remington 700 or Winchester Model 70. I have picked up a couple of older Mod 70 Win push feeds in the plastic stock for a song. Paid $275.00 for my last 30 06 and 299.00 for a 270 WSM Turkey Fed Rifle. Both are great shooters after a good cleaning and free floating the barrel The 270 WSM shoots 3/4" or less all day long. Scope up the 30 06 weighs 8 pounds 1 OZ. I think this is the way to go as both are very solid rifles, can't be beat for the $. The old push feds were cheaper guns and not bought by many serious shooters, so many are sighted in and hunted once a year spending their lives with few rounds fired so are in very good condition.

Last edited by Switch; 07/09/18.