2legit,

Yes. Those last two posters, as well as several of the other men, and yourself are indeed offering wise counsel. It is all much appreciated.

CWH2, I know that by sno go the trip in is about a week long. I'd be afraid of the many wet areas that could end everything along that route. It looks like the easiest, quickest, and safest way is still by air.

Ykrvak, Perhaps the biggest Aluminum craft possible to get in there would offer the most longevity. If going with an inflatable, in time I would have to replace it. As for safety, we're talking less than class 1 water.

I think that the best approach at this time is for me to get back in, take some pics, ask the folks at the Boat Shop, and then revisit the question with all of you then.
You gentlemen have guided me soundly based upon the limited knowledge I have been able to offer. I do like the strategy of having 2 crafts, perhals a large aluminum and a smaller sized inflatable. I think time will tell us all which choices will be the most suitable.

Thank you all.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)