Originally Posted by SavannahALguns
Sportsdad60,
I never thought of that. Were you satisfied with the gunsmithing on your conversion from 22HP to 250-3000? Such as feeding, ejection, and accuracy?

About 5 years ago I went through many, many gunsmiths wanting a 405win conversion and couldn't find a gunsmith in the southeast who was interested. I then gave up and moved on to other rifles and projects.

Thanks, AL

I can't comment on the gunsmithing other than accuracy. The former owner wrote me letters before his passing of his collection. This particular rifle he mentioned was professionally rebored and refinished in around the early 1960's. I believe they'd use a 14/1 twist at that time but I haven't cast/measure the rifling. I only know it likes 100 gr vs 87 gr bullets. And I've not found an earlier year (1913) in .250 that's been guaged to this bore.

Now, if you look closely, it appears *IF* it had been refinished (other than the bore) you'd think you'd see more buffing marks. I don't see any. But I KNOW it's been staked (Click hyperlink for picture) so that it is no longer a take-down. Perhaps because of the boring up to .250 and the gunsmith didn't the barrel to move while reboring?
Maybe you guys can speculate?

Pics-->
https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Save-99H-250-1913/n-NgV3Dr/

No issues on feeding, or anything! It's became my open sight tack driver on the range....unintionally embarassing .223 black rilfes with scopes at 100 yards. smile

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 03/22/18.