I've seen several .219s chambered to ,219 Zipper. All were rechambered .22 Hornets; Savage never made a Zipper to my knowledge, certainly never cataloged one. They tried a number of chamberings for the 219 at their R&D shop, including .357 Magnum AND Maximum, but they never sold them commercially. Numrichs bought all those R&D barrels and made up some guns from used receivers and some factory replacements they had also bought from Savage Utica after it closed. Those guns were sold out of Numrich's store in New Hurley NY and get resold occasionally as factory original products. They aren't.

I've seen 219s from that source in .22 Rem Jet, .256 Win Mag, .357 and .357 Maximum. Also 220 shotguns in .22 shot and 9mm rimfire shot. The .30-40s I've seen were all rechambered .30-30s. They work fine but they DO back right up on you! If you're shooting at an elk, you don't feel it, though. Had a friend in Idaho with one of these and he'd only bought one box of .30-40s for it nine years before I met him and had got a meat elk every year since he got it. Had 5 rounds left at that time.

Wish somebody would make the original Utica 219 again with an investment cast receiver, a D&T barrel, a steel trigger guard, and a rifle trigger. A tougher firing pin would help too.

Thompson Center tried the concept with their "Aristocrat" hammerless but it was just too complicated to operate for most of us peasants, and it balanced odd to me.

The 219 ergonomics are just right for me. All mine have had shotgun barrels/forends fitted to them, just for fun.

Last edited by Mesa; 03/30/18.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong