Ladymulerider - from what I've read, I'd say definitely yes!

From John Barsness: "The Oryx is revered because it's a bonded bullet, unlike the Mag-Tip, which is essentially a heavier jacketed Speer Hot-Cor. That's not a bad thing, but the Oryx is the closest approximation I've found of the original bonded bullet, the Bitterroot. It expands widely but retains enough weight (usually around 90%) to penetrate deeply. I've used it quite a bit from the 7x57 both here and in Africa, and it works very well, and is usually very accurate too. In fact in my custom Serengeti 7x57 it may be the most accurate bullet I've tried."

From akjeff: "I loaded the 156gr Oryx to a sedate 2400fps in my wife's 7mm-08. Makes for a nice mild recoiling load. We shared the rifle and killed 2 oryx, 2 springbok, a warthog, common reedbuck, and nyala. No recovered bullets(all pass throughs), and no lost critters. Great accuracy. Also drives nails in my 7x65R drilling, and will now be the go to bullet in that gun."

Please note that akjeff loaded the Oryx to 2400fps in his wife's rifle - the factory load has a velocity of 2725fps, which to me is just more of a good thing!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke