Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
So a 140ttsx at 2850 would be a good selection?

Yes, and the 120 TTSX at 3000+ may be even better.

What Jordan said.

I watched my 12 yo son dump the biggest cow you've ever seen in your life with a 120 TTSX at 3000 out of a little Model 7.

Dave

Daughter #1 is petite and recoil sensitive. After reviewing the options we went with a 130g TTSX at 3045fps. If running a 7mm-08 it is likely the only difference would be weight - She'd probably be shooting a 120g TTSXs.

Although I got very inconsistent results with the original 'X' bullets and the TSX didn't inspire enough confidence to use them on game, we the tipped MRX came out I gave them a try and haven't looked back. Now we use them in almost every rifle, with accurate loads being easy to find. We have yet to recover one from antelope, deer or elk, whether shot broadside (antelope and elk) or lengthwise (a couple of mulies).

Often as not, game shot with the TTSX has dropped at the spot. More have dropped within a few feet or steps. None lost and no runners. Had an antelope go about 25 yards after being shot with a 110g TTSX from my Roberts, can't think of any other animal that went nearly that far.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.