Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by LowerRiver
I see you said Ruger is out but I’ll throw this in for good measure. I have 3 77 series rifles, 17 hornet, 22 hornet and 17WSM. All three had to have trigger work but all three shoot sub moa. The 22 hornet is the most accurate of all and it’ll shoot any hand load I throw at it.

Good luck in your search
Thank you for that post....it' does help to hear some positive comments about Ruger rifles.

Having said that.....why must a gun that retails for $999 ( a princely sum in my opinion) have to have a trigger job? Savage makes a marvelous trigger and many others are using it....and the Savage in 22 Hornet sells for $400 less.....It's simply inconceivable to me that I need to spend a grand on a rifle and immediately start to fix it the way it should have been day-1!

The triggers are truly disappointing and I do agree that Ruger should be able to come up with something better. Also note that most people I’ve talked to that complained about 77 series accuracy had not done anything to improve the trigger. I spend the money on the 77 series because to me they feel like a real rifle. I’ve handled the savage and it felt like a cheap rimfire rifle.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon