Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by vapodog
I'm considering a 22 Hornet and the Ruger 77/22 is a very good looking gun.....although it's MSRP is a full grand less a buck. My real concern is that I'm among those that have not had any good luck with Ruger guns and haven't purchased any in over 20 years for that reason......

SO....what's the opinions?...does this gun feed, extract, eject, with a reasonable trigger and deliver accuracy capable of hitting a half dollar consistently at 100 yards?

I had two of them.
Does it feed, yes.
Does it extract and eject, yes.
Does it have a reasonable trigger, no.
Will it hit a half dollar consistently at 100 yds, no.
Great looking and functioning guns, except where it’s critical, accuracy.
I have not bought a Ruger in years and vowed, never again.

That was my experience....and I really liked the little rifle so I spent almost as much as I paid for it on trying to solve the problem including a new trigger (RB IIRC) and having it set back and a match chamber cut by CPC but it never did shoot MOA.

That was about 15 years ago and I've read (on the internet so it may or may not be true) that Ruger is making headway in the accuracy dept but the bad taste lingers.
I still buy and shoot their hand guns and praise them for their great CS every chance I get but for small caliber rifles CZ gets my business these days..