I've .been reading about AR15s for years and even bought a Rock River Predator Pursuit with a 16" barrel roughly six years ago. I am gathering parts to make my own take of SPR or DMR. Since this my take on it then it's really not either but that's okay but that's what it will be for me.
Anyway, I am looking to put a 20" barrel on it to get more velocity for the 75-77gr bullets that I have stashed away. I wouldn't mind a 22"or even a 24" if it's not too heavy. Because of my disability I can't haul the weight around I used to. Plus I don't like heavy rifles anyway. The Rock River carbine I have has what they call a "national match" weight barrel and I don't care for it. All of this has got me thinking that a gov't weight 20" should work out fine for me. Like so many I really don't have the money to buy a high dollar barrel so I'll just have to rely on the experience of other folks on a tight budget.
Sure I would love to have a finished rifle that weighs 6 pounds and shoots .25" groups at 200yrs but I think I'm being realistic to want a barrel that is capable of 1"@ 100yds for 3 shots but would rather it be for 5 shots but there I'm going down the rabbit trail of what I "would rather have" again.
All of this to ask, can anyone recommend a 20"(or22-24") barrel that is relatively light, like gov't weight, for a 1" @100yd barrel for tight budget. I know that for the most part you get what you pay for. But with time and patience I've been able to get that kind of accuracy out of hunting rifles by handloading.
So what can you suggest? Or if someone has a barrel they have taken off because that level of accuracy wasn't enough..........

"I know you believe that you understand what you think that I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
( A quote of my Father)