I finally did a bit of range work with my Henry single shot 44 mag.I tried various loads at fifty yards with the issue open sights and due to 66 year old eyes ,the results were varied!I decided that a peep sight would better suite my needs,rather than a scope,as my main purpose was to keep weight to a minimum.Williams WGRS #17778 looked like it would work.The mounting holes lined up perfectly,but I needed to remove about a 1/4" of material at the rear of the sight for a proper fit.Back at the range bullet impact was 12" high at 50 yards with the peep at it's lowest setting!I installed a taller Marble front sight with an ivory bead and went back to the range.Hornady 240&300 grain XTP's and Lyman #429630 265 gr. hpgc bullets clustered in nice tight groups.These were all hand loads using W296/H110 powder.Beartooth 250gr. gas checks didn't shoot well at all,but I haven't had much luck with that bullet in a couple other 44 mags either! I've got some LBT/cast performance 260gr. gas checks that I'll try next. All in all ,I'm happy with the Henry.By the way,the williams peep sight is made to fit H&R's!