Originally Posted by Mule Deer
vapodog,

Actually, A-Frames tend to exit less often than many other bullets, because their bonded front core expands widely.

In fact, this is a basic characteritsic of bonded bullets. They tend to expand into a more rounded, wider "mushroom" than either monolithics such as the TSX, Nosler E-Tip and Nornady GMX, or mechanically controlled-expansion bullets like the Nosler Partition. The expanded front ends of TSX's and Partitions usually have less frontal area, so tend to punch through the hide on the far side of an animal more often than the wide, rounded mushroom of A-Frames, and other bonded bullets such as the Hornady Interbond, Nosler AccuBond, Norma Oryx, North Fork Soft Point and Woodleigh Weld-Cores.

Thanks for that post John. My previous experience with A-Frames has been in a .300 H&H Magnum using 200 grain bullets on African plains game. All were shot through the rib cage and all exited.....but that probably would have been the case if I were using core-lokts or interlocks, or other traditional cup and core bullets. Further the distances were relatively short.....less than 200 yards with Kudu, Gemsbok, and zebra. I did use the same gun and bullets on a whitetail once only because I had them left over from the previous hunt. I never found the bullet but suffice it to say, I had no trouble following a massive blood trail the 25 yards to the very dead deer.

I'm currently changing all my big game rifles to monometals (for personal reasons) and it's reassuring to know that I'll likely not give up a thing in terminal performance because of it. I've read a great many positive posts on the subject of all copper bullets and they mostly all say the same thing....echoing just the words you have posted here.