Hodgdon has plenty of data for the .405.

In my #1 I found that Benchmark and TAC both worked very well with 300 gn bullets. Went up to 64 gn of Benchmark or 67 gn of TAC for around 2500 fps with no measurable base expansion, though they are way over any published loads and should not be approached in a 1895.

A 265 gn True Shot Cast bullet for the .41 Mag over 12 gn of Unique held down by 1 gn of polyester fluff made cloverleaves at 25 yd and at 100 yd landed 2” below the 300 gn bullets. Velocity was about 1240 fps.

Accuracy of the rifle was greatly improved after I took Ross Seyfried's advice: measure the gap between the barrel and forend hanger, carve a wedge that is suitably curved on top and bottom (I have used both hardwood and toothbrush handle plastic successfully) that is 1/10 inch thicker than the gap and drive it in. I did this on the .405 and a .300 Win Mag and in both cases groups went from 1.75" to well under 1".

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690