Originally Posted by California_Kid
The problem is with the teens themselves. They aren't grabbing a gun from home and running out and shooting random people. They're going back to school to get revenge for whatever they feel has wronged them. Bullying? Social media? They are shooting their own. Feel insecure, bullied, alone? Get a gun and show everyone at school. This is a problem parents, counselors and school cops should be looking for. One secure entrance at school with a cop and a metal detector and it would seem to me our kids would be much safer. As far as the actual cause or reason? I'm not sure. But make the parents responsible. If a parent leaves an unsecured firearm at home and a teen or any child uses it for any illegal activity the parent IS responsible and as such should be prosecuted. I know most will have a fit over this, but I don't think people under 21 should be allowed to own a firearm. This goes back to when we had a military draft, "If I'm old enough to die for my country then I'm old enough to.....(insert drink, smoke, buy a gun, whatever.) Well the draft is long over, 1973 and most of todays kids don't have the common sense to be allowed to legally do any of those things. Todays kids weren't raised by two parents, one staying at home, they were raised by social media and it has no direction or morals. It certainly has no conscience.

So why should you have more right to defend yourself than my 16 year old daughter that has to stay at home alone after school until we get home from work. I have all of my guns in safe places, but as my children got to the point that I felt that they could be responsible I gave them access to guns for protection.