Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The video that NVhunter posted by E. Langdon hit the nail on the head in regards to a couple of reasons why the traditional DA/SA semi auto has some very desirable features in the CCW/HD type roles.

The fact that the first shot has a long trigger travel as compared to other action types, as well as being able to control the external hammer by placing a thumb over it during re-holster, adds an additional measure of control during this process.

In a previous thread about carrying in the appendix IWB position, I mentioned not being a fan at all of AIWB for multiple reasons, especially with striker fired pistols like Glocks and M&Ps. That said, pistols with exposed hammers and traditional DA/SA designs that allow you to keep your finger straight outside the frame, and thumb on top of the exposed hammer while you re-holster (in my opinion) add an additional element of control during this phase.

Re-holstering under stress is one of those time periods that people don't think much about, but should.

Over the course of a career I have needed a fast and secure re-holster far more times than I have needed a "quick-draw".

While I personally prefer a Glock or 1911 for the consistent trigger pull each time, I would not feel handicapped at all if all I had to choose from were traditional DA/SA designs. A CZ 75 or variant such as the polymer Phantom, or one of the excellent HK USPs, or even certain 3rd Gen S&W autos. There really are/were a bunch of excellent traditional DA/SA exposed hammer guns that would be appropriate for carry.

I agree with every word of what you said there.