Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I think there are, has been and probably will always be folks using Leupold's and they will be happy with them. They have a long history of delivering gut piles in the hunting field and many like and trust them. Most hunters are shooting under 300 yards and not needing to twist turrets to do it.

I believe the current infatuation with and promotion of long range shooting and producing tiny groups from the bench at long range has led to many desiring scopes with features that Leupold did not offer. I also believe they have the resources to attract a talent pool that can produce a reliable turret twisting light weight scope with good eye relief and good optics. Will they do it, ya got me, but some one will. I just hope I can afford it.

For me for now, I am still a set and forget scope user and for the last 53 years it has worked for me in Alaska when it comes to making gut piles. I am also slowly getting into the heavy scopes on a couple of rifles that allow for the turret twisting. Not sure at my age I want to pack around more weight though.

I get this, if only Leupold turret twisters were failing. Mine is a simple 3.5x10 VXIII, with a BC reticle. It worked correctly for a couple hunting trips and then has failed twice in short order. It is going down the road, as soon as they get off their ass and send it back to me.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.