Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by 358wsm

Wow Paul,

This is not much unlike what I witnessed in Northern Quebec East of the James Bay/Hudson bay area. The "residential schooling" and the fall out from it all as well as government built houses, and a similar host of other issues brought about a VERY notable similarity.

I'm going to ponder what you have shared, some more.

I really appreciate you having taken the time to convey your thoughts.

Scott,

I didn't mean to leave you or others with a partial view of the picture which after some pondering I could see my post doing. As to the big complex picture of the roughly dozen Alaska native peoples (depending on who is counting and naming them) the story of those that are leading normal healthy lives seldom if ever gets any play in the news or social conscience.

I know many trilingual people, fluent in English, Aleut and Russian. My neighbor graduated from Stanford law school and is a corporate CEO, and I know another attorney and CEO. I've worked with an engineer that graduated from MIT and another who received her doctorate from Stanford. Musicians, artists, priests, craftsmen, fishermen, whalers, electricians, heavy equipment operators, the sweetest little old ladies you'll ever meet, etc., more often than not just honest hard working decent folks.

To add, when i last got my shoulder repaired doc friends all gave me the same name for the surgeon they would see. And my shoulder on the third try by the third doc was finally done right. He was a Native from wayyyyy uo north.

Well I am really glad that I met both of you gentlemen.

I realize that it would involve a lot of keyboard work to really express the intricate dynamics regarding this topic. Perhaps we could do lunch again sometime and I could learn more.

....and Art I will try to swing by soon and pick up my mail. I've been working six day weeks and lately It's been after 8:00 p.m. when I get back home from the jobs... we'll make arrangements I'm sure.

Thank you both.!

Just give a holler... tough thing about construction work is doing it all summer when you would like to be out doing fun stuff and then having all winter off when you would rather be working. Of course finish guys like their end better...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.