Originally Posted by T_Inman
Yes sir...the neck thing is often a reliable sign of a bear's maturity...as is the double chin and ground clearance but unfortunately there's no good shot of any of those in the video.

That's a really nice bear in your second picture...

T Inman;
Good evening again and thanks for the reply.

Yes, he's a pretty good one for an Okanagan bear - though for a Vancouver Island bear he'd not be considered that big.

Anyway this guy and I have a bit of a history - or at least I think he's the same one I bump into every few years in the same spot. When I next bumped into him it was 4 years later when the kinickinick crop was more bountiful than I've ever seen.

He'd just flop down into a heavy patch, eat off his belly for awhile, then stand up, shuffle over and flop down again.

[Linked Image]

It was really early in the morning and I tried to use the digital zoom on the camera to get a closer shot and it didn't really work, but one can kinda/sorta see his size.

[Linked Image]

Anyway I was up there trying to sweet talk a 6 point elk into rifle range and though I carry a bear tag, I've not decided to shoot one for many decades now and as long as they behave like the one in the photos - that's to say leave when they wind me, then I'll be happy to just watch them eat kinickinick henceforth.

That said, I don't have any issues whatsoever with folks who do want to turn them into hams and European Weiners either! Our eldest daughter still has designs on doing that and when we see "the one" that's what's going to happen to it - hopefully!

Thanks again and Happy Fourth of July to you sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"