Seafire, done a fair amount of playing around with bluedot powder, would like your thoughts on my opinion, seems to me blue dot works o.k. in the 221 fireball, and 6b.r.,but really comes into it's own with the 223,223 ackley and 22-250, I to have put thousands of rounds down range in over 100 degree weather without a problem, you just have to be extremely careful with it.in my 223 ackley i shot half of my p.d. rounds with bluedot half with 29 hrs.cfe-223, the blue dot worked so well next year it will be 90% bluedot,it worked so well.It would be a great experiment to have a new 22-250 (a noted barrel burner) shoot nothing but blue dot in it ,keep track of the number of rounds fired,bet a person would be amazed how long it would last,Im to old to do it the barrel would surely out-last me! You mentioned once you would like to try p.d. hunting, do it soon it's getting tougher every year to find good shooting where ranchers don't charge, it's crazy how it's changed in last 10 yrs, I called a big ranch near where i hunt ( been there 10 yrs.) owner said already had 8 hunters with 2 more flying in from Florida the next day.