Emery,

I've been hunting in Montana multiple times for prairie dogs... I have friends who live there who already have the contacts...

My rifles have wasted a lot of pDogs over there with Blue Dot down the barrel...we normally shoot on someone's property who owns 16 "sections".. guess a section is a square mile.

As far as Blue Dot on barrels... I've run several barrels that I still shoot that have around 10,000 Blue Dot rounds down the barrel..
and those are 223s...On rifle I traded off had 15,000 Blue Dot rounds down the barrel and was just then having groups open up a bit... I was offered $400, for a rifle I paid $300 for and had put those 15,000 rounds down the barrel... so I jumped on that one..

I ran a 22.250 I traded off also that lives with 10,000 rounds of 19 grains of Blue Dot and 50 and 55 grain bullets down the barrel...and it was still very accurate...I was just offered more than I had paid for it... so that one got traded off also...and replaced with another 22.250.....

Blue Dot kinda makes barrels last like a diesel engine lasts when compared to run of the mill traditional loads...

Normally each year I shoot around 6 to 8000 rounds down range at Sage Rats here in Oregon. Many of those are Blue Dot, SR 4759 and reduced 4198 loads....more than adequate out to 250 yds...I normally don't shoot further than that.. as there are plenty of targets from 50 to 250 yds anyway.. so why waste the ammo?

Thanks for the post..

cheers and best regards
john chr. / seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez