And saying the 7mm mag is the messiah is just flat out retarded. With that it does push very good quality high BC 7mm bullets to a very good velocity which makes it damn near perfect for 99.9% of all North American hunting. But, it’s more about the 7mm than the Remington Magnum. I can get factory 7mag velocity out of my AI safely all day long. So do several other cartridges. Not saying that the 7mm Rem Mag is [bleep] but it doesn’t hold sole ownership of that velocity gap with same weight 7mm bullets nor was it the first to do it. The Mashburn was and is a far better design. Would I do a 7mm RM ? maybe. But, I would pick and choose the rifle it was in and, it would likely wear a custom barrel with a custom chamber to avoid all the drama.

To add, I can’t think of any animal a 7mm Rem Mag can cleanly kill with factory ammunition that a 270 or 30-‘06 couldn’t kill cleanly with factory ammunition and they are just as popular. Again, not saying it isn’t a fine cartridge but, it sure isn’t the one and only nor the best. As that claim is and always will be an opinion and that is and always will be a variable.

Last edited by brinky72; 07/24/18.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.