I have two 7 mags. A Browning 1885 High Wall in 7mm RM and a Remington 700 Ti in 7mm RSAUM. The Browning is basically a safe queen now, but it shoots 145 Gr. Speer Grand Slams darn near in the same hole and has accounted for my longest west Texas muley kill at 603 yards. I've got some old factory Federal Premiums ammo that used the 150 gr. Sierra BTSP that I've clocked at 3150 fps and they shoot as well as the Speer GS. It was too pretty a gun to be hauling around in the jeep so I bought a Model 7 in 7 RSAUM, but never did like the 20 inch barrel and thought I was giving up too much velocity. I finally found a 700 Ti in 7 RSAUM and traded off the Model 7. That Ti shoots 140 gr. Barnes TTSX's at 3050 fps and consistently under .5 MOA and has accounted for more west Texas muleys and whitetails than I can shake a stick at.

Neither rifle has been a mule kicker.

Sadly, they are BOTH safe queens now. I've used a 700 CDL in 7/08 with 140 gr. Accubonds and took a good whitetail at 302 yards last year. He just spun around and fell over. Now, I've purchased a Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 X55 and that will probably turn everything into safe queens.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!