Flat based bullets like Sierra Pro Hunter , have any of you used these on game ? If so , how did they preform and what ranges were the game taken ?
Have been playing with my Ruger Scout using IMR 4895 under SGK's and getting some groups right at an inch , was pretty happy with that using a scout set up with a Burris 2-7 scout scope . Then I found a box of 150gr Pro Hunter in the back of my stuff and thought about how accurate flat based bullets are in my 222 and 6ppc . Figured I would give them a spin , loaded them on top of the IMR4895 and the first three shots went into a nice tight clover leaf . When I walked up to the target and saw all three shots overlapping considerably tight , I got a big smile .
Mmm wonder if this will be a repeat ? Went back and shot three more three shot groups , shooting other rifles between for cool down time . Had one more overlapping clover leaf and two groups that almost had no paper between shots .
I was impressed . But have never hunted anything but groundhogs and paper with the flAt base and was wondering how they preformed on large game , like deer and black bear ?
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 07/28/18.