My wife hunts alone, but she only recently got serious in this endeavor, and so far it usually involves a family trip. She already has a lot of outdoor experience though (more than me), because she has done some Ironman distance triathlons and some 100 mile (foot) races through the mountains, which require a lot of solo training, the last 10 years in the mountains. She�d frequently come back from a 10 or 20 mile training run and talk about all the sign and critters she saw. She really likes to bushwack, going off trail just to see what�s over the next hill. Now that our son is hunting, she is starting to put that energy into hunting. She covers a lot more ground in a hunt than I do. In 2005 she went out and got her own antelope although I was not too far away hunting with our son. She sometimes plans to take the truck and go hunt when I can�t, but for whatever reason scheduling has gotten in the way. It�s not a confidence thing, just a timing thing. I figure she�ll do it this year, though, because she has developed a list of honey holes for various species.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln