My wife hunts with me and has shot some game including a nice black bear. I've had quite a few Lady hunters in Africa too, none in Alaska though. Several of the ladies were hunting with husbands, and one in particular had her husband hunting with her. She seemed to be the more serious, or agressive of the two where hunting was concenred.

I have two ladies hunting this season well over 60 years old, and one father daughter team both hunting. The Daughter is 16 Years old.

I realize in this business I have greater resolution to the kinds of people you run into that hunt. I would not say that there are a lot of Female hunters, but enough that I no longer see it as a surprise or anything unusual.

There are also a few things that are very nice, or .........Hmmm not sure how to put this into English...........They are far more emotional, and much more satisfying to be with when they shoot something. Tears of joy remove all doubt about what they feel. Guys sometimes are hard to figure out. Ladies always seem to show with huge python level hugs, tears, smiles and pure joy. Guys not so much visual or emotional display.

One lady in particular after hours of tracking and a very diffuclt sneak through the grass and bush on hands and knees, made a magnificant shot folding a Zebra in it's tracks at well over 200 yards, I had to remind her that her husband was behind us watching! She nearly stopped my breathing with her death clamp hug, and the tears and her shaking and trembling followed.

This type of reaction to hunting is simply as good as it gets for me and makes my job so much more fun. When guys start doing this I'll have to find a new job!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)