Originally Posted by tomk
Most importantly there is certainly enough variation in how user's eyes/brains respond to different binos and also enough sample variation to warrant comparing for yourself, before taking anybody's opinion or relying on small differences comparing gack...imho, fwiw

I don't want to piss in any HT's owners wheaties here...but the HT's small center is very noticeable to some. I saw it every time I used the glass in daylight--noticing where the sharp focus ended. For me, the SF is certainly worth 500 bucks more money!

The HT has a low light advantage, but it is larger on paper than in actual use. For a readily discernible low light advantage larger objectives are in order. Then, the 56mm Swaro SLC also has AB prisms, unlike their 42mm class, and I believe are now available in the US to some degree. The area in focus is obviously larger, just as sharp as Zeiss' center and the overall FOV more usable--at least to me.

I think that Zeiss's small center build concept, regardless of its utility to some or the notable quality of the past FL line, will eventually go the way of the dinosaur....and the SF is the first nail in the coffin.

Interesting read Tomk, I find my 8x32FL to be glorious and have no intention of updating, and am expecting them to last 'til I am buried.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.