Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Yeah, I fiddled around with one at our LGS. I was very impressed with the optics, but IMHO the build quality nothing that just blew me away. I thought the eyecups were a little cheesy, but hey, it may be just me. It is a touch bigger than my SV's though. Another thing with Zeiss is that when my buddy had to send his Zeiss spotter back to fix a broken focuser, it took Zeiss 7 months to get it back to him. We had to share mine when we guided mule deer hunters that year it took them so long.

JG: You know me, and my experience with the Victory SF goes back almost 3 years now. The excellent balance, and handling go a long way to making these my top pick. Now add a wider FOV and a very sharp and bright view make these the
best out there right now.
I have others that are at the top, including Swarovision, Ultravid HD, and Nikon EDG.

I don't play favorites.

These will most likely be my last pair of great binoculars..I have the FL 8x56 which will be buried with me and Leica Trinovid 8x42's . The FLl's are a bit specialized I admit. The 10x42 will make a great all around binocular. I have to spend some time behind one before I plunk down the money.