Pick up a Caldwell Rock BR front rest. You can spend more,but these are a really good value. Then call Protektor model,and ask them what you need for front and rear bags. Then do what they suggest. You won't EVER have good bench technique,if you are fighting the rifle. You CANT repeat,shot to shot,good technique with a death grip on the rifle. If you could,top bench rest shooters would be doing it. They aren't. There is an underlying myth in the sport,that hunting rifles don't deserve good equipment. Hell,when I was a kid,I'd cut a couple notches in a heavy cardboard box,and shoot off a folding card table. Got the job done,but not to the best of the rifles ability. Or mine.

If that doesn't trip your trigger. I've watched fellas shoot very well,out to 400 yards(the long berm at our club),with a short bi-pod. That comes later. You first need a good foundation and a refined bench technique. Not science,just decent equipment and some trigger time.

When I started in BR, my mentor had me get lined up on the 200 yard target. I told him I was good to go,and he told me to take my hand off the grip. I did and the crosshairs moved slightly off the mothball. He told me that whatever direction they went,the bullet would likely follow. Extreme? Maybe. But in that game "Xs" count, alot.
The point being,before you start launching expensive components take a quick check up. Relax your grip and see if the rig is lying in the rests properly. I still do,and think it's good practice.

You are trying to establish wether or not the rifle/load combination is the best it can be. NO point handicapping yourself with carp bench equipment. There will be lots of opportunities in the field for substandard conditions.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."