Originally Posted by iviax
Just a quick update of this subject.

So, eventually, I get the rifle to shoot 1 moa. I had removed the sling, sling stud, unscrew the middle screw a bit, remove the rear sandbag...

There was a huge part of it was because I am not a sharpshooter. I have shot another person's Bergara HMR at the range right after he put a nice sub moa on the target...I couldn't repeat his group.

Put your sling back on, the sling stud back on, keep the middle screw as you have it set now (which I hope is just snug like everyone has been telling you) and put that bag just ahead of the trigger guard. Use your rear bag. Play with the barrel boss screw/forend screw and see if accuracy changes. Go back to the basics and proper fundamentals for shooting accurately. Breathing, trigger control, sight alignment and follow through. Practice practice practice... If you want to make your buddies Bergara look silly, have a professional properly glass bed the rifle, fine tune the trigger and learn to hand load an accurate load for it... He'll be chasing his tail trying to catch up...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA