Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Its not the bag. I'm curious as to how it's bedded. There's also probably too much pressure, or uneven pressure on the barrel. Formid is right in his post, but only when dealing with a freefloated barrel. The stock appears to be unoriginal to that rifle. At this point, I'd pillar bed and freefloat the barrel on that rifle. You'll probably have a sub moa shooter then, if done right... furthermore, I'd pull that damn 2.5-8 off, get rid of those qd's and start over. Leopold DD's would be better.

Ouch! That’s harsh, about the QD’s! wink Been using them for years ( around 20 years), and no problems. Though, they are for a back-up scope, and not been needed. But, when tested....did fine! “If”, and I repeat “IF”, I do my part... my old AI, can put 3 under 2” at 300 yrds.! Now.....your gonna go and give me something else to worry about! frown memtb

PS: You’re also pretty hard on a scope that served well for over 20 years! Why are ya “pick’n” on my rig !! whistle

Last edited by memtb; 08/17/18.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024