Roy: When faced with your same question I chose a Ruger Alaskan in 416 Ruger. The rifle needed to be smoothed up in the action area to provide reliable feeding but that was easily accomplished. Many do not like the Hogue over molded stock because of the stickiness but that disappeared the first day in the dusty African bush. The sound deadening properties of the rubber coating is a great asset for stalking in brush. I use the Ruger rings and I have an NECG receiver sight that fits onto the Ruger base milled into the receiver for back up to the scope. You will need a higher front sight to use with the receiver sight.
The 375 and 416 Ruger cartridges are great and I much prefer the Ruger over the CZ 550 416 Rigby because it is lighter, handier, less expensive and has a shorter bolt throw. The only downside for Africa is ammunition availability. I have been told that a large gun store in South Africa sells Ruger ammunition but it was not available in Zimbabwe. 375 H&H, 416 Rigby and 416 Remington are much more available. If your checked baggage does not make it to your final destination in Africa you are screwed. My rifle and ammo got lost between JBG and Victoria Falls. I was sweating bullets.