The type of stock that is ideal depends on what stock style fits your anatomy best and whether you intend to use open sights or a scope. It's a bit like buying a suit. There is no one size fits all. This applies to all firearms but when it comes to something like this, you really need a rifle to fit you so you can use it instinctively, just like a good shotgun.

The trend these days is for rifles of this type to have fairly straight stocks, mostly for aesthetics and recoil management. Some of these designs do not allow comfortable use of iron sights. I have a CZ that has such a bulky straight stock that I can't get my face into a comfortable position to use the iron sights. I knew they were problematic and had always factored in restocking when I bought it. By comparison the laminated stock on a Ruger Guide gun (no raised cheek piece) allows comfortable use of iron sights or a scope. The iron sights are somewhat elevated, which helps. The best advice is to try a number of stock styles to work out what suits you best, unless your considering a custom stock. Even then though you will need a good handle on what aspects of the stock style and design that are important for you.