Originally Posted by C_ROY
So this question was going to come up soon or later. Is a control round feed for a cape buffalo needed? I can understand equipment in the way past may of had some issues of reliability but is that still the case? I have never had an issue with any of my 700's and I have shot my .338 Win Mag for 16 yrs. with no issue. I have a few 700's and Howa's (Wby Vanguard) I could rebarrel to 375 Ruger. I have no issue going the Winchester model 70 route and I have thought about the Kimber Talkeetna too.

All of the $4-8,000 custom rifles being shoved down our throats on the telly by people who shoot 1 bullet at 7 o;clock and call it good are mostly push feed.
Controlled round feed is over hyped as all push feed rifles have the cartridge already entering the breach when the cartridge head releases from the feed rails. This is why they feed so well upside down as some people wanted to do a few years back. (That is a joke)

If the OP is using a Remington 700 in .338 and likes the stock then I recommend he follow with a like rifle, so they are a pair. No-one can design or recommend a stock design for another person without several additional factors being included within the conversation starting with physical build.
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.