Originally Posted by RoninPhx
another common item was/is visitations from dead relatives when the person is near the end. My mother experienced this among others. I asked a Mayo certified doctor about this, and he said i can give you the medical opinion or what i believe. He said his mother, and hundreds of patients did the same thing, there is jus a very narrow curtain between now and the hereafter, and some people can see through to the hereafter.
I could mention at age 15 my m/c accident in which i should have died. I did go through than tunnel of light and warmth and i could feel the other side until this voice told me it wasn't my time i had to go back. I was arguing, i didn't want to go back. I did, and didn't talk about it for many years. I later understood what the voice was telling me. I married a woman 10 years older than me with three kids. We have been married 43years now. That was the unfinished business. I knew within 15minutes of meeting her she was going to be my wife.

OTOH the absolutely awful vibe given off by a bad spirit/demon might be a slight foretaste of what Hell might be like.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744