Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Well, I couldn't help myself.

I grabbed the last 270 Synthetic my local store had, it was in the back and they just put it on display a few days ago.

I said, if it was still on the rack today, I'm buying it.

Needless to say, I just got home with a lighter wallet.

That store has one 30-06 synthetic left on the rack and no more Weatherby Vanguards of any kind left in the back.

I had the guy check on the Leupold VX2 3-9x40 for $154 but they didn't have any left in the cabinet. Oh well.

I'm happy

All told, I ended up with a wood stocked 243, two wood stocked 270's, one synthetic 243, one synthetic 308, and one synthetic 270.

I can't get over how nice these actions are, man they feed slicker than whale snot.

Remington can suck it..............

This sale has been a godsend in several ways. Some people found a bargain on something that they knew was a very good deal and at least one person found something that they apparently didn't know existed before. grin

No doubt, I feel shameful that I've never fired a Weatherby rifle or a Howa. Grew up on Remington 700's and have fired/owned many other brands, Ruger 77, Browning a bolt, Winchester 70, Tikka, Sako, Kimber, you name it.

I will say, I'm thankful for this sale for many reasons...............these Vanguards are really, really, nice!! I ended up with enough rifles for my wife and two boys, with a few left over for myself to play with.
Being big into small calibers and varmint rifles, I was lacking in the big game hunting rifle department. These will fit the bill nicely!!

Life is good.

Last edited by screaminweasil; 08/22/18.