Originally Posted by slumlord
No shlt???

I went to Paris Tn

Got the ole...."man we've had several people asking about that scope...we don't have it"

I insisted he pull a lot of the extra stock out from under the display. Nadda it wasnt there.
He didnt seem shady, kind of a mama's boy with a shell necklace and justin timberlake hair. Lol

I left it alone.

I think I'm done with all this latest quest.

I did get six boxes of that bargain federal ammo and a couple of SOG knives for a $5 spot.

Haha.......let me tell you about Paris, TN.......

When I first started looking for the Nikon Monarch's, brickseek showed they had one. I called a week ago last Thursday, and was told that they didn't have any, the girl said she sold the last 2 earlier in the week. It was still showing up that they had one on Monday, and I had a friend going that way, he stopped, checked it out, and the clerk told him they didn't have one.

I checked brickseek again early yesterday morning, and it was still there, so wanting to make a road trip anyway, me and wifey headed down that wa early. I showed the dude working there my phone with the bar code and brickseek, He scanned the barcode with his Wally world scanner and it showed one left in inventory. He crawled all over the floor pulling chit outa cabinets, couldn't find one. He went in the back to the gun room and said he couldn't find one there. A woman clerk asked him what he was looking for and he told her, she then said that they were sold out........but she looked like the cat that had swallowed the canary. You will never tell me that she didn't have one hid somewhere, waiting on some guy that was cracking her to come by and pick up after he got paid. This morning brickseek shows them as being sold out.......so go figure.

Anyway, I had a backup plan, and we lit out cross country to Wickliffe, KY, crossed the Mississippi and Ohio, and drove to Sikeston, MO. Scored on a $99 Nikon, and ate at Lamberts, so it turned out okay. They had shown up on brickseek as having one left, and this morning are showing as sold out.....which tells me that somebody in Paris was lying. I also know where there are 2 more, but I was wore out driving, and I came on back home.

I saw that ammo at Paris, and also some at Sikeston, but figured you'd show up sooner or later and didn't want it to be a dry run for you. I don't shoot factory ammo in my centerfire rifles, and I have enough brass and other components to last me the rest of my life. Also have more ammo loaded up than I'll ever shoot. Thought about buying the ammo and peddling it off to the local Mennonites, but then they'd start worrying the chit out of me for more stuff, so I'll pass on that.

On a side note.......there were no more Vanguards anywhere I looked yesterday....4 Walmarts. That's okay, I don't want to arm the whole Mennonite community....lol.