Just got one in 17 cal.- supposedly 1300fps with the premium "platinums", but I don't need those - bought a combi Gamo 4 pack of lead ones to start with - haven't shot a pellet/bb gun in over 50 years, but have a gun-shy dog I hope to work out of...

Accuracy? With a field rest (tree or door post. smile ), testing shows I can probably head shoot a grouse 2/3 of the time at 15 yards with the 4X scope it came with, and body shoot em at 32 yards near every time. I don't do much better off a solid rest. Or much worse free-hand.

I expect if I can get the trigger adjusted to something less than an inch of creep (they call it 2 stage- HA!), I'll do better.

Is this about usual accuracy for the rifle (shooter error excluded)?

Second question- how often does this thing need cleaning? lead pellets... Still have about 960 left... smile

And a comment: most of the pellets have to be pushed in, a few drop right in. The loose ones do not blow the group as far as I can see. I see no difference in poi or group size between the various 4 kinds of pellets provided (match, game, etc), at least to 32 yards. I doubt if I see any difference once I start whacking grouse, either.

Last edited by las; 09/24/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.