Most spring air rifles of any make will shoot very well IF you find the right pellet and IF you hold them right. The peculiar double recoil that actually starts BEFORE the pellet leaves the barrel means they are VERY particular. Many if not most will not shoot off of bags at all unless you put your hand under the forend and DO NOT grip it while barely allowing it to touch the shoulder. Shooting off hand can be a challenge because you have to hold it very lightly. Which is why an excellent and very light trigger is a must in a spring piston gun because you almost cannot hold a gun lightly and then have to struggle with a heavy and creepy trigger. Google up the artillery hold.

And they are all individuals. My new HW 95 seems to shoot best off hand if I pull it tightly into my shoulder with my right hand while merely supporting the forend with my left and putting no pressure at all on it. And it is going to take at least 500 shots for many of them before they settle down into some kind of consistency. And ALWAYS check all of your screws. They will back out more on a spring piston gun than they will the heaviest magnum rifle.

Gamo is not the greatest quality and their recoil is harsher with more vibration and twang than I have felt on many others. Mainly, I think because they try to make a gun that shoots too hard and weighs too little. In general, the harder a spring piston gun shoots, the heavier it needs to be. But they will shoot very well if you can figure them out.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/12/19.