Russel I did something similar last year and cut my 1895GS to 16" for use with a Hybrid. H4895 will work but running the numbers on Quickload, the max charge of H4895 will result in only 66% of the powder being burned in the barrel. The rest has to go somewhere and what doesn't get shot out will wind up in your action and suppressor. I have found Unique and Trail Boss are much better suited for subsonic loads and result in 100% burn for that length barrel. Of the two, I get quieter loads using TB.

If you can find them the Remington 405 JSPs work really well though lead bullets work fine if you powder coat them first. This prevents sticky waxy lubes from building up inside your can since the Hybrid cannot be taken apart for cleaning. I have had good luck with the Lee 405 bullet for subsonic 45-70 and 458 Socom. If you want to shoot me a PM I can share whatever subsonic load data I have for the 45-70. FWIW I just finished my 44 SBR build so am getting ready to convert another 1895GS to a 12" SBR which should make for easier handling with a can in place. Even at 16" I find the gun somewhat unwieldy and nose heavy with a can.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by kingstrider; 09/28/18.

Keep moving forward!