Originally Posted by Canazes9
I bought a pair of the demo 8x30's to try. Before I purchased I had long conversations about the 15mm eye relief, stressing that seemed insufficient for eyeglass use. Maven guy's and their schill on this board repeatedly assured me that the eye relief wouldn't be a problem - if I didn't like them, return them, no problem.

Bino's came in, glass was pretty impressive for a $500 bino, controls were ok. Eye relief was bad, completely incapable of using them with my eyeglasses. I called them up and told them I wanted to return them. The guy I was speaking to was the same one that assured me they would work or I could return them, he asked why I was returning them.

I told him the eye relief was insufficient and he all but said I was lying, going on and on, I was the only customer that had ever had that complaint, etc. Then he started to imply that I had damaged the bino's in some way and stated I would be charged to repair the bino's if they came back damaged in any way.

They later started offering 6x30's with sufficient eye relief and I was considering purchasing a pair, but decided no. Didn't want to deal with them again.

David

Since that happened to you, I'll never purchase anything from them. If it had happened to me I'd have been stuck with the binos because I'd have taken great offense at being called a liar.