Originally Posted by Mike74
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Mike74
It's a pain to replace those rubber O-rings in a 760. I've done it. Without it they turn into rattle traps.

Then you read too many internet stories and don’t shoot enough. I guarantee you I have shot them more than most and have never had to change one. You scent will scare more critters than a 760/7600 ever will. If a buck heats my gun “rattle” it’s too late for him to do anything about it at that point.

Xs 2

I have ONLY known 1 760 that rattled.
I personally have 4 and have had 2 or 3 more — none rattled.

I have friends that own & hunt them.....none rattled.

Yes, I know ‘some’ rattle BUT I don’t know How they were treated or mistreated.

Secondly, why do you need a metal DUST cover ? Don’t.

Thirdly, LOTS of machinery & engines use O ring gaskets. Why don’t you replace them?

Fourthly, the muzzle blast not only covers any noise but you can be reloaded before the shot sound is gone.

Jerry

Here's another one that doesn't know that the O-rings can rot and go bad.

I have a 7600 30-06 in my safe with probably over 2000 rounds through it. It’s a sportsman, birch stock cheap ass model. Unlike you...original O-ring.

Jwall and SKane have shot these more than I, and you don’t hear them squeaking about o-rings and rattled. The only ones that do that are people tha “heard” from a friend, not with actual experience. Like I said. The deer will smell your outhouse wipe job long before they hear your gun rattle.

Camp is where you make it.